Business Continuity Planning (BCP) &
Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP)
- You are an SMB co-locating Servers
- You are Operating DC or NOC
- You have In-House NOC or Racks
- You have Dedicated Servers
- You utilize Unix-Like or Linux or BSD Servers
- You are an ISP, ITP, VoIP or a Hosting Service Provider or an MSSP (Managed Security Service Provider)
- You are Not sure what applies to you
Businesses with direct or indirect dependencies to their IT infrastructure that cannot afford losing data records or even downtime of their facility, whether having just a single Internet server or large interconnected network, need to manage the risks that are involved in inevitable incidences that one day may change their life;
In risk management we can: Accept, Control, Avoid or Transfer the risks (also known as: Tolerate, Treat, Terminate and Transfer or Retention, Mitigation, Elimination and Insurance), but total avoidance is impossible, it requires to discontinue using IT infrastructure, that’s quiet impossible too; Thus Business Continuity Planning (BCP) comes into play; Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) is part of BCP;
Prevention plans against devastating consequences of computer and IT infrastructure incidents and disasters can be viewed in different aspects:
- Environmental : i.e. Fire Prevention
- Hardware level : i.e. Utilizing UPS
- Backup : i.e. on site, SAN, NAS
- Security Measures: i.e System wide security, OS Hardening, Firewall, IDS, IPS, User level and Administration, Automation , Load Balancing, Clustering and etc.
ITech Frontiers™ primary business activity falls into BCP/DRP categories, but we dedicatedly offer Security measures and On-site and Off-site DRP planning, implementation and deployment service from above list, for most businesses they don’t need to be afraid about the first two items (Environmental & Hardware level) at least for their Internet related Servers, due to utilizing Data Center facilities or serviced offices, however these two items are also applied to their local offices;
Although we can offer general information regarding Environmental or Hardware level aspects but to comply with regulations in example Fire Prevention may require licensed professionals and authorities certification;
In general ITech Frontiers™ does not conduct Environmental and Hardware Level BCP/DRP.
Information Security in our field is described by: Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability and Non-Repudiation.